Trey Yarbrough – Attorney at Law
Trey Yarbrough is a trial lawyer with more than forty years of litigation experience in state and federal courts. He has successfully represented individuals and companies, both plaintiffs and defendants, in hundreds of cases and arbitration proceedings. As lead counsel, he has tried over 150 jury and non-jury cases to verdict and final judgment and argued appeals before the Fifth, Tenth and Twelfth Texas Courts of Appeals, the Texas Supreme Court, and the federal Eighth Circuit Court of Appeals. In addition to his role as lead counsel in numerous cases, he is often retained as local counsel by national law firms and companies involved in patent and other complex litigation in the Eastern and Northern Districts of Texas.
Having maintained his law offices in Tyler since the start of his career, Trey has represented clients in trial and arbitration proceedings throughout East Texas, in larger metropolitan areas such as Houston, Dallas, and Austin, in North Carolina, and in the federal courts of the Eastern Districts of Texas and Arkansas. His actual trial experience encompasses multi-million dollar commercial and personal injury cases and includes, among other areas: product liability, personal injury and wrongful death, employer and media defamation defense, general and professional liability, business litigation, oil and gas cases, estate contests, insurance defense, trademark infringement, and as local counsel in patent litigation. In addition to his courtroom experience, he has successfully negotiated substantial seven and eight figure settlements on behalf of clients in catastrophic injury and wrongful death cases. For examples of a few cases in which he has served as lead counsel, see the Representative Cases page.
Trey began his career as a trial lawyer with the firm of Ramey & Flock in Tyler, Texas.
He later became a partner in the firm of Conner, Gillen, Yarbrough and Anderson, eventually establishing his own firm in October 2000. In 2008, he merged practices with another veteran trial lawyer, Trip Wilcox, to form Yarbrough Wilcox, PLLC. He maintains the coveted “AV” peer review rating with Martindale-Hubbell, is a member of the invitation-only American Board of Trial Advocates, and has been Board Certified by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization in Personal Injury Trial Law since 1987.
Practice Areas and Licenses
- Civil and Business Litigation
- State Bar of Texas, 1978
- All Texas Courts
- U.S. District Courts for the Eastern, Northern, Western and Southern Districts of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Arkansas
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth and Eighth Circuits
- United States Supreme Court
- 1977 Southern Methodist University Law School,
Doctor of Jurisprudence
- 1974 University of the South at Sewanee,
B. A. English Literature, cum laude
- AV® Preeminent Peer Review Rating by Martindale- Hubbell
- Board Certified, Personal Injury Trial Law by the
Texas Board of Legal Specialization
- American Board of Trial Advocates
- Life Fellow, Texas Bar Foundation
- College of the State Bar of Texas
Selected Reported Opinions
- B&B Hardware, Inc. v. Hargis Industries, Inc., 736 F.Supp.2d 1212 (E.D. Ark. 2010)
- B&B Hardware, Inc. v. Hargis Industries, Inc., 252 F.3d 1012 (8th Cir. 2001)
- Beck v. Lone Star Broadcasting Co., 970 S.W.2d 610 (Tex. App. – Tyler 1998, pet. den.)